Getting around Daytona Beach without a car is not only possible but also quite convenient, thanks to the variety of transportation options available. From public transportation to bike rentals, you can explore the beautiful coastal city without the hassle of driving or parking. In this blog post, we’ll share the best ways to get around the Daytona Beach area without a car, ensuring you can make the most of your visit.
- Votran Public Transportation Votran, Volusia County’s public transportation system, offers an affordable and convenient way to get around Daytona Beach and the surrounding areas. With numerous routes serving key destinations such as shopping centers, beaches, and attractions, you can easily navigate the city using Votran’s buses. Check their website for route maps, schedules, and fare information.
- Bike Rentals Biking is a popular and eco-friendly way to explore Daytona Beach, with many dedicated bike lanes and paths throughout the city. Several local businesses offer bike rentals, including:
Rent a bike for a few hours or the entire day and enjoy a leisurely ride along the beach, through scenic parks, or around downtown Daytona Beach.
- Taxis and Ridesharing Services Taxis and ridesharing services like Uber and Lyft are widely available in Daytona Beach, providing a convenient option for getting around without a car. Whether you need a ride from the airport, a lift to a local attraction, or transportation after a night out, these services offer quick and efficient transportation at the tap of a button.
- Daytona Beach Trolley During the peak tourist season, the Daytona Beach Trolley offers another fun and convenient way to get around the city. With routes covering popular destinations like the Daytona Beach Boardwalk, Ocean Walk Shoppes, and Main Street, the trolley is an enjoyable way to explore the area without a car. Check the trolley schedule and routes to plan your outings.
- Scooter Rentals Renting a scooter can be a fun and efficient way to navigate Daytona Beach, especially for short trips or sightseeing. Local businesses like Daytona Scooters & More and Daytona Fun Machines offer scooter rentals by the hour or day. Be sure to follow local traffic regulations and wear a helmet for safety.
- Pedicabs In certain areas of Daytona Beach, you’ll find pedicabs as a unique and environmentally friendly transportation option. These bicycle-powered taxis are perfect for short trips or as an alternative to walking, especially in busy tourist areas. Simply flag down a pedicab or look for designated pedicab stands.
Conclusion: Navigating Daytona Beach without a car is both convenient and enjoyable thanks to the wide variety of transportation options available. Whether you choose to ride the Votran bus, rent a bike or scooter, or take advantage of ridesharing services, you can easily explore the city and its attractions without the need for a car. So, leave the driving behind and embrace the freedom of discovering Daytona Beach using these convenient transportation methods. Visiting Daytona Beach on a budget? CLICK HERE for a list of affordable accommodations